Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cappadocia!

To make up for my lack of posts recently, I decided to appease you with some stories of my adventures in Cappadocia this past weekend. For those of you that don't know what Cappadocia is... Wiki it. Simply put, it is known for its awesome rock houses, and other cool lookin' rocks. Here's a picture to give you a clue: 

We took one of those extra uncomfortable buses for 10 hrs in order to get to Cappadocia. Sleeping on a bus is definitely on my list of things to never do again. On our first day we went to an open air museum (as seen in the picture above) and looked at many different churches inside of the rocks. Considering this whole day was a blur of exhaustion and the overwhelming desire to shower, I can't recall exact details of what we did, or in what order. I only remember the DELICIOUS vegetarian dinner that we had. Probably had dreams about those turkish mashed potatoes. 
The next day we all decided to rent motor bikes and ride them around the town. I had to drive one. For those of you that know me well enough, you can probably infer how that experience went. But it was fun. Now I'm even more motivated to buy a motorcycle. 
After that we drove to see some of the most famous outlooks in Cappadocia. Some of the rocks had questionable shapes, but others were so beautiful they would take your breath away. 


In the evening, we went to our first traditional Turkish night. This basically consisted of unlimited alcohol, and a show. I will admit that the alcohol definitely helped with the bizarre things that happened during the show. It consisted of whirling dervishes, belly dancers, and other random dancers doing strange things. 





We ended the trip with a trip to an underground city. It was highly claustrophobic, and resembled something out of The Decent. Especially the "grave" room. Afterwards, Patrick attempted to play ball with some of the local kids..unfortunately, he started a brawl instead. All because one of the kids took the other kids ball. They ran away whenever I tried to take pictures, so I couldn't document the punch-fest.  
To wrap it up, this trip was definitely something I will never ever forget. I got to travel somewhere I never would have been able to go on my own. It was pretty magical. 

Not to mention I met some pretty awesome people.... but this guy was definitely the coolest. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home